HOME ENTERTAINMENT - MODEL 17 RADIO
Type: 9 tube TRF set
Circa: August 1929
Tube Lineup : ?
Power Input : AC operated.
Original List Price: $365
Cabinet: Assumed to be a console
1) Also known as the "Standard Thermonic Combination"
2) The Canadian Marconi service manual groups the Model 15 thru 18 tuners and amplifiers under the same umbrella but doesn't explain the actual differences.
Link for Model 17 tuner schematic and power unit.
|This ad is from Wentworth Radio and Auto Supply Co. Ltd. ,1930|
Credits and References:
1) Canadian Marconi Service Manual Vol 1
2) The Early Development of Radio in Canada 1901 to 1930 by Robert Murray
3) Lewis Bodkin <05bodkin555(at)gmail.com>