CANADIAN MARCONI HOME ENTERTAINMENT - MODELS 73, 74 and 75
Type: 7 tube, AC superheterodyne receiver.
529 to 1725 KHz
5050 to 18000 KHz
Tube lineup: 6K7. 6A8 .6K7 .6B7. 6F6. 6F6. 80
Speaker size: The parts list has a different speaker part number but does not indicate the size.
For Model 74, the speaker size is 10 inches.
Audio Power: 3.9 watts
115 VAC 60 Hz 72 watts
115 VAC 25 Hz 74 watts
Dimensions: These radios were made in both mantel and console models.
* Models 73 and 74 use a shadow type tuning indicator. Model 75 uses a 6E5 tuning indicator.
* Model 75 also has an overload indicator, It comes on whenever the audio voltage across the speaker
coil exceeds 2.9 volts. It turns off when the voltage drops below 2.5 volts. The overload device is essentially a
voltmeter movement.. A light source is positioned behind a circular disc.When the voltage exceeds the "trip"
value, the disc flips open and then closes once the voltage drops down to normal.
|This is the placement of the overload device across the speaker leads. (Image courtesy Canadian Marconi)|
|Model 73 (Photo via Antiqueradios.com forum)|
|Also looking for Model 75 image|
MODEL 74 PHOTOS
|Model 74 - Front view of cabinet.|
|Model 74 - Rear view of cabinet and chassis,|
|Model 74 - Top view of chassis.|
|Model 74 - Bottom view of chassis.|
|Model 74 nameplate.|
|All Model 74 photos in this table by Geoff Norris VA6TAC|
Contributors or References:
1) Canadian Marconi Service Manual - Volume 1
2) Model 73 image http://www.antiqueradios.com/ (photographer unknown)
3) Geoff Norris <va6tac(at)gmail.com>