CANADIAN MARCONI HOME ENTERTAINMENT - MODEL 161
Type: 8 tube, AC operated superheterodyne receiver with a 14 pushbuttons.
540 to 1725 KHz
5950 to 6259 KHz
9450 to 9750 KHz
11650 to 11950 KHz
15050 to 15400 KHz
Tube lineup: 6A8, 2x 6J5, 6K7, 6Q7, 2x 6F6, 5Y4, 6U5
Audio power: 7 watts undistorted
Speaker: 12 inch dynamic
Input power: 115 VAC 60 Hz 89 watts ( there is a between the nameplate power rating and the rating shown in the service manual.
115 VAC 25 Hz 92 watts
* Two pushbuttons at the left are marked Low and Medium Tone. Depending on the position of these two buttons, it is possible to obtain four different tone selections.
High tone - both buttons out.
Extra low tone - both buttons depressed
Low tone - only the Low button is depressed
Medium tone - only the Medium button is depressed.
* Five of the buttons are for band selection..
* Six buttons are for station preselection.
* One button is the OFF switch. Pressing any of the band switches will turn on the receiver.
MODEL 161 PHOTOS
|Model 161 Front view|
|Model 161 . Closeup of the 14 pushbuttons. This particular example appears to be missing the dial glass.|
|Model 161 - Rear view of chassis|
|Model 161 nameplate|
|All photos in this table via Kijji|
Contributors or References:
1) Canadian Marconi Service Manual - Volume 1
2) A. Fritz Becker arrannumbersix(at)gmail.com>