Type: 14 tube, General purpose marine receiver. Also designated as NS702.
Frequency Range: 15 KHz to 28 MHz in ten bands;
Power Input: 110 or 220 VDC ; 115 or 230 VAC 50-60 Hz ; 24 VDC with appropriate power units.
Manufactured between: Oct 1955 and 1967 See note 1
Weight: 78 pounds
Dimensions in inches: 12 9/16H x 19.5W x 19 13/16D
|Atalanta photo courtesy Marconi Marine International|
Note 1: Leaflet REF TLR.37 marked "Provisional for the Atalanta General Purpose Marine Receiver (Type 2207C)" has the date January 1955-10. This is deemed as the earliest possible in-service date. One radio op operator says he trained on Atalanta in 1956. The no longer manufactured date of 1968 is referenced from Fred Osterman's receivers book.
Contributors and Credits:
1) Marconi Marine International - Manual
2) Shortwave Receivers Past & Present Communications Receivers 1942-1997 by Fred Osterman.
3) Sandy Blaize ebjr37(at)charter.net
4) Nick/GBxx-GTZD-VP8IY-ZHFxx <nickhgbg(at)googlemail.com>
5) John Dalgliesh <johndalgliesh(at)talktalk.net>