291 transmitter; 291 receiver; 291 indicator; Aerial control under indicator. Power supply board for outfit DUF (under aerial control); PPI; 242 IFF modulator...mixer, transmitter, IFF responser below PPI. The 291 radar was co-located in the Second W/T office which is now called Radio 2.
On starboard bulkhead, PPI control bpard; 242 IFF control board.
Type 291 was the final British 214 Mcs (P-Band) small ship, air
search radar that was introduced in 1942. Early versions of this
set required separate transmitting and receiving antennas, but a TR (transmit/
receive) box was soon developed. The 291 antenna had a beam width of
40 degrees and was of the lazy 'H' construction. Power output was
100 kilowatts at a pulse length of 1.1 microseconds. It had the capability of
detecting a bomber at 15 nm.
Second W/T Office. After bulkhead.
Battery box; charging board; Admiralty 4T transmitter.
Second W/T Office. After bulkhead - 4T Transmitter
Port bulkhead..B28 receivers.